Monthly Archive: September 2016
Eyes are said to be windows to the soul.
For women particularly, eyes are a beautiful expressive feature and are the first thing you notice. Makeup is a powerful tool that you can get creative with and complete your look. It is not easy to get the eyes right especially when you start out initially.
Read on to discover some tips and techniques professional makeup artists use to help you create your own makeup personality by mastering your eyeshadow and eyeliner application.
1. Avoid pairing intense lip color with strong eye makeup. Never accentuate more than one feature on your face lest people’s focus will be on the makeup rather than on you.
2. When you use a mascara wand to coat the brush, avoid using a pumping action since this adds air into the case making it dry out.
3. While liquid eyeliner gives a wonderful dramatic effect, it can be messy to apply. The trick is to first wipe off excess on the back of your hand to help give it more staying power.
5. Never forget to blend. Your eyes shouldn’t be able to detect any obvious lines and it should appear as seamless and natural as possible.
6. Try to avoid using waterproof mascara as much as possible. Even though it has amazing staying power, it can prove hard to remove and can make you pull and damage the delicate tissue around your eye.
7. When applying makeup below the eyes, ensure that the makeup above the eyes is always your guide. Never apply too much below than above. The result you should be seeking is to have an upward effect with your makeup application rather than a look that draws attention downwards. When in doubt, start applying makeup above the eyes first to help you determine what you should do below.
8. The best way to give a lift to your eyes is to use an eyelash curler that allows for better precision when curling the lash. To ensure that the curl lasts throughout the day, seal it using gel mascara soon after curling.
9. In case your lashes are thinning or small, a good tip is to dampen the eyeliner brush then apply a small amount of powder as close as possible to the lash working your way to the layer along the lash line. For short lashes, lengthening mascara is a great idea since they contain fibers that can build up on the tips of the lashes and help in creating the illusion of longer looking and fuller lashes. Thickening mascara that have silicone, also help in enhancing the appearance of the lashes.
10. Eye shadow comes in a variety of textures including liquids, creams, and powders. Powders are usually the most popular since they are the easiest to control. Gloss and creams help to give a nice highlighted effect, especially for the evening. However, they tend to smudge rather easily and finally form in the creases of the eye. Therefore, wear them with care.
The trick to successful eye makeup application is being creative and confident.
When it comes to their makeup routine, most women prefer to stick to neutrals.
Never be afraid to be creative and experiment sometimes to find the look that will suit you best.
You should give color a chance on occasion. The eyes are probably the only feature on the face where just about everything goes.
This communicates a lot about your personal style as well as yourself.